Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hey blogger friends...its been a while since I posted anything. I was feeling pretty YUCKY for a couple days which you can imagine is not fun with a squatty potty for a toilet. However, I am back and feeling great. Its been raining everyday here which really cools things off, and I can't believe it is MAY! Time really flies. We had a national holiday yesterday (Labor Day?!) which meant no work, so Jill and I went to Meru to the grocery store and for lunch. It was nice to get out of town. My mom was been sending me awesome packages so I'm not starving as much anymore too. (Thanks mom!)

I'm reading a ton, finishing up season 4 of Friday Night Lights, knitting a baby blanket and pinning my life away on Pinterest. There is a lot more down time than I imagined so if your schedule ever allows for a Skype date with someone 7 hours ahead, let me know!

In the meantime I thought I'd give you a couple random snapshots of life in Maua...missing you all.
xo




Ewww. This is why I don't eat the meat here. All those black dots are flies. VOM.



24 people crammed into a 14 passenger matatu

The Swahili service at church. I didn't understand a single word. But isn't it pretty?

Doesn't he look like he could be a model? Snot and all?

0 comments:

Post a Comment