Thursday, June 14, 2012

Rwanda & Tanzania

I just got back from a whirlwind week of traveling to Nairobi, Rwanda and Tanzania! It was a great week full of seeing friends and beautiful places!
Four years ago! I spent almost 3 weeks in Rwanda with my class from Otterbein, it was an amazing experience and we traveled all over the country learning and seeing so much! My team became close with my dear friend Jean Claude! He is a native of Rwanda and showed us around for our time there. I have been itching to get back and see him since I left and it was wonderful to reunite with him. He is incredibly loving, friendly and outgoing and he has an amazing memory and we reminisced about our time together and all the funny and memorable things that happened. We went to Ruhengheri which is where my team spent a significant amount of time while we were in Rwanda and I got to see my friend Thomas from the guest house we stayed at also! We skyped with some friends back in the States and then traveled to visit Jean Claude's family and his new house! Here are some pictures from Rwanda...it is still as beautiful as it was four years ago and spending time with JC was so special!
Thomas & JC!
Our friend Matt Baker sent some Ohio State stuff for JC and he loved it!
Through his connection with Otterbein he has become a Buckeyes fan!
My sweet friend Jean Claude!

JC's family at his house! His wife and kids are precious!




Next, I traveled to Tanzania to an island called Zanzibar to meet up with my high school friend Scott who has lived in South Africa for the last four years. It was both of our first times in Zanzibar but we had heard many things about how beautiful it was and it definitely lived up to our expectations! We stayed at this really cool hostel right on the beach and made some friends from Holland, Sweden and London...we snorkeled, explored in Stone Town and did a lot of reading and relaxing! Zanzibar is a gorgeous place to visit and a popular tourist attraction in Africa. Put it on your bucket list for places to visit...it was definitely worth it!
The view from our hostel!
The beach where we went snorkeling.
StoneTown is full of awesome and unique alleys.

They had these big comfy couches at the hostel that were
perfect for reading/napping with a gorgeous view!


And of course I managed to find some super cute kids on the beach!
all my love


0 comments:

Post a Comment