Monday, April 2, 2012

Things I love...

Things I love...
-adorable little african children. LOVE.
-the beautiful hillsides
-walking through the market
-the hot african sun on my face
-riding in the truck with my head out of the window
-cold fresh drinking water
-mendazi (its kind of like a donut shaped in a triangle)
-taking a shower in the afternoon after the sun has heated the pipes
-giving over 100 families vaccinations, vitamins and family planning supplies in the community today
-Snickers Bars...real just like America Snickers Bars
-my new friends Christina and Eda
-how cheap things are compared to US dollars
-sleeping under my mosquito net. For real.
-yogurt (who knew?)

Things I don't love...yet
-the ant farm living in my bathroom
-watching the people here eat goat. And by eat goat I mean suck and chew the meat off the goat bone. VOM.
-the townspeople who have no understanding of personal space. They love to get up in your face and touch you.
-the bumpy and terrible roads
-when you plan to leave at 9am but don't actually leave until 11:30am. No one is ever on time and everyone moves S L O W.
-pilling 8 people in a vehicle for 5
-all the food here except mendazi
-boiling my water to do anything; wash dishes, wash clothes, drink water, etc
-the dust. its everywhere and all over everything
-the squatty potty


here are just two of my favorite pictures from today at the community outreach. how can you not love these faces?



0 comments:

Post a Comment