Sunday, April 1, 2012

some snapshots

 I thought it was time I posted some snapshots of my life here...things are going much better. I have made friends with two medical students from Denmark who have been here for 9 weeks so far. They are very friendly and have been generous to show me around and let me spend time with them. Yesterday we went on a 3 hour hike outside of Maua. It was long and hot and hilly but beautiful. Today we went to church, went into town to a cafe, did some yoga and read in the sunshine. It has been a wonderful weekend. I'm looking forward to a community outreach tomorrow and spending some time in the wards this week. Miss you all...xoxo
The gates to the hospital. I live within the hospital grounds.



The sitting room in my flat.
This is my bathroom, squatty potty and a lukewarm shower.
the market outside the hospital.

My bedroom. Mosquito net and all.







some cute street kids


some more street kids we came across on our hike.



my friend Christina buying some tomatoes at the market








the beautiful hillside outside of Maua



0 comments:

Post a Comment