Wednesday, February 22, 2012

update

I have been conference calling with Africa (that sounds awesome, doesn't it?) and here are some new and exciting details about my adventure!
I'll be leaving sometime within the month...hopefully mid to late March. My departure date has been pushed back slightly, but I'm thankful that God has given me additional time to spend with friends and family and additional time to prepare my heart, raise support and get organized!
It is finalized that I'll be working in a hospital in the town of Maru (which means flower in Swahili)! I'm excited to have a final site and plans are slowly but surely coming together.

Finishing up at Heritage was alot harder than I thought it would be...there were many mixed emotions and lots of tears but a wonderful last couple weeks where I felt very special and very loved by my friends and co-workers.

I've mourned the end of a season and am now looking forward to the start of a new one...I'd appreciate prayer for the following things and I promise to keep you posted as more and final details are decided!
  • pray for my heart...that God would be preparing it for all He wants to do during this adventure
  • continuing to raise support and trusting God that He will provide for all my needs
  • the anxiety I feel about saying goodbye to close friends that have been my family over the last four years...that I would feel peace in my heart about the stability of those relationships
  • that all the details would come together smoothly without any hiccups or bump

0 comments:

Post a Comment