Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Big News

I've officially quit my job. My last day at Heritage Christian Church will be Thursday, February 16th. I have been stuck in this rut of uncertainty for a while now and I am so excited about the future although it too is still being written.
With lots of faith, prayer, and seeking of wise counsel I've decided to take a step (or rather a leap) and go oversees for an extended period of time. My hope is to leave for Africa early March and spend 3-6 months serving in various ways, exploring the country, meeting new people, loving on those less fortunate, discovering more of who God made me and reconnecting with Jesus in a new way. It still feels surreal as I talk about it. I've slowly shared my plans with my family, small group girls, friends and finally our church community and I can feel the excitement growing daily.
There are still alot of details to be worked out, plane tickets to be booked, and goodbyes to be said, but I wanted to ask for your prayers as all the details come together. Please pray that God would be preparing my heart, be walking with me in the transition and changes to come and that He would ease my anxious and nervous heart.
My life is nothing like I thought it would be at 26...and I'm done grieving those expectations and instead looking forward to this opportunity and the adventure ahead. I covet your prayers and hope you'll join me in this exciting once in a lifetime experience!

1 comments:

Post a Comment